Our vision is to carry out our business with integrity, honesty and fairness at all times. We build from a foundation of compliance with relevant laws, regulations and international standards, and are in line with various Rio Tinto and Rössing Uranium guidelines on leading business practices, such as The way we work, Rio Tinto's global code of business conduct.
Much of our work is subjected to various external assurance and verification processes throughout the year. For example, external auditors audit our financial statements, while an external environmental auditing company audits our environmental figures each year. The following auditing companies, Government bodies and other institutions reviewed the company's practices in 2015:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (Rio Tinto Corporate Annual Report data assurance, designed to provide limited assurance over selected items; in Rössing Uranium's case, AIFR data);
- KPMG (internal audits);
- Rio Tinto Corporate Assurance (internal audits);
- Det Norske Veritas (ISO 14001:2004 certification and Rio Tinto HSEQ Management System business conformance);
- International Atomic Energy Agency (industry control);
- Metago Environmental Engineers (annual review of tailings and associated environmental aspects);
- Environmental Resources Management Limited (Rio Tinto operations and business unit assessment);
- Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare: Affirmative Action (Employment) Act, 1998 (No. 29 of 1998) (compliance verification in respect of labour-related Acts);
- Ministry of Health and Social Services (compliance verification in respect of health and related Acts);
- Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Forestry (compliance verification in respect of effluent management and waterrelated Acts);
- Ministry of Mines and Energy (compliance verification in respect of mining-operation-related Acts); and
- Ministry of Finance (compliance verification in respect of income tax and finance-related Acts).