Our purpose statement is to be a safe, responsible, and efficient producer and supplier of uranium to the global nuclear industry, creating maximum return for shareholders and benefits to stakeholders. We build from a foundation of compliance with relevant laws, regulations and international standards, and are in line with various Rössing Uranium guidelines on leading business practices.
Much of our work is subjected to various, external-assurance and verification processes throughout the year. For example, external auditors audit our financial statements, while an external, environmental-auditing company audits our environmental figures each year.
The following auditing companies, Government bodies and other institutions reviewed the company’s practices in 2021:
- Ernst & Young (external audit),
- Deloitte Namibia (annual income tax reviews, Tip Offs Anonymous),
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers (internal audit),
- Bureau Veritas (ISO 14001:2015 surveillance and ISO 45001:2018 certification and Rössing Uranium HSSE management system business conformance),
- Emarald Africa (Critical Risk Assessment (CRA) – Business interruption and Property damage Insurance survey),
- International Atomic Energy Agency (industry control);
- AECOM and KnightPiesold (third party review of Tailings Storage Facility stability and design),
- Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare: Affirmative Action (Employment) Act, 1998 (No. 29 of 1998) (compliance verification in respect of labour-related Acts),
- Ministry of Health and Social Services (compliance verification in respect of health and related Acts),
- Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform (compliance verification in respect of effluent management and water-related Acts),
- Ministry of Mines and Energy (compliance verification in respect of mining operation-related Acts), and
- Ministry of Finance (compliance verification in respect of income tax and finance-related Acts).
List of references
Rössing Uranium procurement principles
Business integrity standard
Communities and social performance standard
Human rights policy
Risk management policy
Cash Management, Foreign Exchange & Hedging Policy